Re: [Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:57:15 +0100

Hi Rob,

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 18:37:39 -0500 Rob Altenburg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Mario,
>
> Yep, there was a typo in my release-info that I fixed locally but
> hadn’t pushed to GitHub.  It should work now.
>
> I had a little trouble getting the test-new-egg working because it
> wanted the openssl egg and there is apparently an issue with a
> deprecated openssl library on macOS.  I tried it on my debian machine
> though and it worked fine.

Excellent.  Thanks.  I've added your egg to the coop.

> The constellation function is from v0.16 of libnova, so apt-get
> doesn’t install the current version.  I was aware this was an issue
> and was debating if I should make ephem backward compatible or just
> document the issue.
> (v0.16 is here:  git://git.code.sf.net/p/libnova/libnova libnova-libnova)

It would be nice to have installation instructions on the documentation
(thanks for writing it and adding it to the wiki).

Although the top of the page at http://libnova.sourceforge.net/ mentions
"libnova v 0.16.0", the download section still says that the latest
version is 0.15.0 and points to a download directory that doesn't have
0.16.0.

Having those details documented may save users some time.

By the way, your credentials for the bug tracker can also be used for
the wiki.  Please use it when editing the wiki, so we know that the
edits are not made by spammers.

All the best.
Mario
--