Re: [Chicken-users] Macros not found when using eval

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Macros not found when using eval
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 19:34:55 +1200

Hi mel,

You can use the "-compile-syntax" flag with csc(1), which will include
the macro definition in the compiled code and thus make it available at
runtime. Let us know how that works out.

As for your second question, it's tough to say much without an example,
but I'm guessing you're looking at a situation like this:

   ;; foo.scm
   (module foo (kons)
     (import scheme)
     (define (kons a b)
       (cons a b)))

   ;; bar.scm
   (use foo)
   (display (eval '(kons 1 '(2 3))))  ; <--- Error: unbound variable: kons
   (newline)

To which the solution is:

   ;; bar.scm
   (eval '(use foo))
   (display (eval '(kons 1 '(2 3))))
   (newline)

This imports the module at runtime and makes it available in `eval`.

Of course if I've guessed your problem incorrectly just let us know and
we'd be happy to help with anything else.

Cheers,

Evan