Re: [Chicken-users] Any suggestions for a project?

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Any suggestions for a project?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 22:54:26 +1300

Hi Daniele,

In my experience the most important thing is to pick a topic you find
intriguing from the get-go. You'll probably drift toward one such topic
anyway, and if that's actually *off-topic* for your thesis then you'll
be unhappy. Or at least, your advisor will be.

Anyway, whatever project you choose I'm sure the folks on this mailing
list will be happy to help. Some things I personally think it would be
fun to work on are:

 - A musical programming tool or an API to communicate with
   SuperCollider, PureData, Max/MSP, or the like.
 - Algorithmic composition software for generating short stories,
   poems, text-based adventures and so on.
 - A "recipe analyser" that can take recipes in the zillion different
   forms that they take online and normalise (or at least classify)
   them, accounting for differences in formatting, units, terminology,
   etc. This would be an ML project, probably.

Let us know what you decide on in the end!

Cheers,

Evan