[Chicken-users] Egg: chicken-update (program)

From: Diego
Subject: [Chicken-users] Egg: chicken-update (program)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 04:59:10 +0000

I've created a simple program to update outdated eggs. At the moment, it only
works with the default servers, as it looks through the egg RSS sxml file to
determine new versions. By default, it ignores eggs with 'unknown' version
(with a toggle to try installing them, alerting you if not found upstream), and
you can pin eggs by regex. Other options are passed to chicken-install.

I've tested with test-new-egg, here's the release file url:

https://code.dieggsy.com/chicken-update/plain/chicken-update.release-info

It's probably possible to talk to the server directly and support custom egg
servers in the future, but ATM the only way I can think of doing it is to query
the server for each egg's version (as henrietta doesn't support listing all
eggs with the latest version), and that seems like it could be slow and
expensive, esp. with more eggs installed.

- Diego