Re: [Chicken-users] continuation example: different behavior from other

From: Ricardo Gabriel Herdt
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] continuation example: different behavior from other Scheme implementations
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 19:36:13 +0200

Am 19.10.2019 18:57 schrieb address@hidden:
But what I forgot, and which may be the confusing part is that
after the mapping is complete, "numbers" (in your example) will be
assigned once again - the continuation includes everything following
the invocation of "map". Only the REPL "cuts off" this continuation
(otherwise you would have an infinite loop, similar to when you would
run your example code as a non-interactive program).

Thanks again, this makes sense, I had already experienced this infinite loop when using a compiled version of the program.

I added a note to the wiki mentioned (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Scheme_Programming/Continuations) telling to be aware of implementation-dependent behavior, just in case someone stumbles on this issue in the future.

Cheers,

Ricardo