chmspec-devel

[chmspec-devel] chm initial header lcid & timestamp!

From: Pabs
Subject: [chmspec-devel] chm initial header lcid & timestamp!
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Matthew, all,

I've been investigating some unknown parts of the ITSF format and I found
out the following two bits of info.

The LCID in the initial header is the user LCID (from GetUserDefaultLCID).
The timestamp in the initial header is derived from GetFileTime, from the
dwLowDateTime member of the last write time parameter, called with the
handle of the ITSF file that is being created just after that file has
been created and it's size checked. The ITSF writer adds 42 to the
value & then stores it, with normal unsigned-integer overflowing applying.
Looks like someone was a fan of the hitchikers guide!

Bye,
Pabs