chmspec-devel

[chmspec-devel] Re: CHM  spec: additional information

From: Paul Wise
Subject: [chmspec-devel] Re: CHM  spec: additional information
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:10:27 +0800

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 10:48 +1100, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Paul, Jed,
>
> I just wanted to add the following remark for the next release of the
> unofficial HTML Help specification, on Sitemap formats:
>
> The line breaks in the sitemap body:
>
> <UL>
>    <LI> <OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
>        <param name="Property Name" value="Property Value">
>
>        </OBJECT>
>
> </UL>
>
> are significant.  HHC.EXE (4.74.8702) hangs indefinitely on my machine
> if, for instance, I write this:
>     <LI>
>       <OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
> or this:
>         <param name="Property Name" value="Property Value"> </OBJECT>
> or if I put <UL> or </UL> on the same line as anything else.
>
> This is poor considering that the files are supposedly HTML files.
>
> --
> Deborah Pickett
> address@hidden

[quoting the whole mail so chmspec-devel subscribers get all the info]

Thanks for the info!

I'll have a go at integrating this information on the weekend, if you
could attach a patch to the patch tracker, that would expedite things:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=chmspec&func=additem

In future, please send stuff you find out to the chmspec-devel list: