cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Fwd: HELP with emacs 25.1 and cjk-enc.el

From: Bo-Yin Yang
Subject: Re: [cjk] Fwd: HELP with emacs 25.1 and cjk-enc.el
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 08:32:22 +0800

Dear Hin-tak,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Hin-Tak Leung <address@hidden> wrote:

Anyway - is the initial poster aware of bg5latex/bg5pdflatex ? While I read/write big5 natively,
I don't use cjk-enc for that purpose. It is bg5latex/bg5pdflatex (which are c-preprocessed)
and some years ago, it was latexb5, which was TeX-preprocessed...

I am aware of bg5latex/bg5pdflatex, and just went back to check if it works with the test input I gave.  It does not work insofar as all the chinese input (in big5) become numbers.

I checked the Big5.tex example file and it seems like you have to manually add all the \begin{CJK}{Bg5}{bsmi} .... \end{CJK} pairs, what bg5latex does (as I remembered from long time ago) is preventing Big5 text being mangled inside the \begin{CJK} ... \end{CJK}.  I guess the point of cjk-enc.el is precluding the need for such manual addition.

I also tried your patch adding (let ((coding-system-for-write locale-coding-system))
which in fact gets rid of the running percentage reports, but still somehow gets large numbers of

\ifx\CJKpreproc\undefined\def\CJKpreproc{cjk-enc}\RequirePackage{MULEenc}\fi

Best wishes,

BY