cjk-list

[cjk] formatted patch (Re: I think I got the full fix)

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [cjk] formatted patch (Re: I think I got the full fix)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 17:10:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Here is the formatted patch. Beyond the earlier one I sent, I added some code
to emit a warning where it was doing a silent nil and mis-behaving. The warning
code is a bit longer and uglier than I would like - I want a warning, but not a
warning
for every character mis-processed - this version now do about a dozen warnings
with Bo-Yin's example if LANG is not set or not set correctly.

I also see a lot of the big5 related update was similiar to my
"tis620-2533 = thai-tis620 + ascii" emacs 23 update 5 years ago. It seems
that with emacs 25, "big5 = big5 proper + ascii + HK SCS".

It was almost exactly 5 years this week since I updated the code for emacs 23
- hopefully it will last another 5 years, until emacs 27 :-). It was committed
upstream on boxing day. My repo says I finished on 15 Dec 2011, and carried on
with Thai utf8 on 27th.

It looked like this was a rebase+collapse, merging some of the stuff I was
doing between boxing day 2011 and new year 2012...

commit b490325f2bea8e7872acaf816c9416add849ea57
Author: Werner Lemberg <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat May 5 20:56:44 2012 +0200
[cjk-enc.el] Accept Thai input in utf-8 encoding.

Merry Christmas.

Hin-Tak