[cks-devl] secure

From: Ira Cash
Subject: [cks-devl] secure
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:25:04 +0200

A Pentium M at a much lower frequency can be equivalent in terms of performance.
Maybe if they get devices that are more competitively priced they might regain me as a customer.
I still keep up with the news and blogs.
No more conversions to a "pda-friendly" format.
I do like the smartphones, but without a touchscreen I don't think they are good enough for what I want.
My intention is to have my medical stuff done online, and email, calendar and the rest included.
We are really seeing the desktop environment jump into our pockets, much faster than anticipated. I've been using it now for a month and it's really great.
I haven't installed it yet because my desktop computer is having problems with USB devices, and I am unsure what's causing it. What does that change, you may ask ?
Think more power consumption.
WIFI or EVDO needed for real time access.
I still don't see it on ePocrates website, but it is definitely something that seems useful.
I still don't see it on ePocrates website, but it is definitely something that seems useful. Anything is better than Pocket IE. Think no more overnight delivery of piles of dust-covered folders or those always-misplaced dental x-rays. Maybe if they get devices that are more competitively priced they might regain me as a customer. No more playing around with the mouse to get it done.
Using wireless internet access, it doesn't matter if you leave the hospital, as long as there is an Internet connection, the data keeps flowing. WIFI or EVDO needed for real time access. I have tried it and it is not that bad to get used to it, and from then on it works well.
But ActiveSync still has a looong way to go to be comparable to the PalmOS counterpart. I have ordered it, and it is supposed to arrive today.
Now I am back to the wards, and I really can use some reference software such as ePocrates or a quick calculator.
But for a office-based doctor, who has to be in several meetings, clinics and such, I think it is a great addition. So I do not need many clinical tools, and if I need anything I have computers nearby.