cons-discuss

Documentation and dynamic linking

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Documentation and dynamic linking
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:43:46 +0200

Hi,

I discovered in a recent DWN (or an old one I read recently, maybe ;-)
the CONS build system, and I just took the time to learn it today. I
have a plenty of questions (some will disappear when I read the
documentation completely, for sure) and a dozen of things to critisize
on.

As I'm learning Perl, and loving it, I hope I will be able to critisize
and then provide corrections. I work more and more with XML, and I could
provide standard methods for dealing with XML transformations, in
example.

My main problem is with the documentation, as it doesn't seem to be
exhaustive. As a matter of fact, I didn't find the description of all
options that can be passed new cons(), and I don't understand completely
how to modify my build environnement to do dynamic linking, as it seems
to link staticly.

I will have to learn make, but it seems I wouldn't have been ready to
set up a small build system with less than one day learning. Thanks for
CONS!

Joyfully,
le Moine Fou

PS : sorry if a previous version version of this mail comes, I sent it
before confirming my subscription request...
--
address@hidden
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A