cons-discuss

Re: Debian package and development of CONS

From: Tom Surace
Subject: Re: Debian package and development of CONS
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:46:06 -0400

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 08:53:51PM -0400, Dmitry Sagalovskiy wrote:
[...]
> As a side note, for those who maintain the websites for cons and SCons,
> I wonder if there is something you can do (like add keywords or whatnot)
> so that it's possible to find cons and Scons by searching Google for
> "alternative to make" or "build system". Both systems are really superior
> to make (in my experience), but for some reason are pretty hard to find if
> you don't know what they are called.

Even if you do know what you're looking for and search for cons, instead
you do find a lot of "pros and cons". Not very helpful.

Cons's functionality is superior to make, but cons itself is difficult to
debug and enhance. :} Is there some reason this group isn't directing new
users enthusiastically towards scons?

tom
--
This is not spam!