cons-discuss

Re: Debian package and development of CONS

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Debian package and development of CONS
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:26:09 +0200

> Although, based on a cursory glance at the code, this would not be a
> trivial task. [...] It might take the same amount of effort to rewrite
> it from scratch.

I suggest we make a first try separating the core functions of Cons and
the process-specific ones. The current specific functions would be this
Cons::Backward, and we could try beginning writing other sub-modules...

When all this works, we could see if a rewrite is possible without
breaking the API. Then the old core module could be switched smoothly,
when the rewrite is done, and the development of all others modules
could continue in parallel (isn't that a sort of parallelization in
Cons? ;-).

As long as the Debian package matters, I experienced problems because I
tried to package both cons and cons-test in a source package. If I don't
defeat this multiple-binary package, I'll quickly package the cons
package alone.

Futurely,
le Moine Fou
--