cons-discuss

Re: not rebuilding out-of-date derived^2 objects

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: not rebuilding out-of-date derived^2 objects
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:02:49 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Alan Grow wrote:

>   Cons 2.3.0 isn't rebuilding "derived derived objects" correctly for me.
> I've attached a tarball you can use to reproduce the behavior, but here's
> what's going on...

Hi !

I unpacked the tar-file and tested it.
It seems that your problem only occurs in recent versions of Cons.

As I have said several times before: 2.3.0 is broken
(see the archive of the mailing list).

I don't know if your problem is the same as the ones described
earlier, but I wouldn't recommend using that version.

Personally, I use an older version from around 2001/01/18.
The actual version is just an "accident" (I was tracking cons via
CVS at that time).

In summary:

- there are better versions of Cons than 2.3.0
- you can't trust the Cons web-site for what version to choose

/Johan Holmberg