Re: Feature request: Rename files with a decent name if two files have t

From: Stéphane Archer
Subject: Re: Feature request: Rename files with a decent name if two files have the same name.
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:36:54 -0300

Thank you Gregory for your answer,

This is doing the rename to avoid the overwriting which is great!
The only problem is the "with a decent name" part that is missing, this is
changing the file extension.
gmv --backup=t foo.tar bar.tar
will result in bar.tar      bar.tar.~1~
is there any way to be a bit smarter than that?

Best regards

Stephane Archer

--
Best Regards,