Re: Debugging du v9.3

From: Saulius Krasuckas
Subject: Re: Debugging du v9.3
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 11:16:40 +0300

PS. To give more context,

On 2023-07-19 21:27, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

Now if I clean the dir and run make CFLAGS="-DDU_DEBUG", it fails:

... the original issue is that du -hs calculates some dirs wrongly [3].
That happened on a quite rare and new platform called Midipix for Windows.

For those interested, Midipix [4] is like Cygwin except it:

(1) uses musl instead of newlib,
(2) interfaces NTAPI instead of WinAPI,
(3) has more cleanly code base (subjective),
(4) is generally faster, and
(5) has the motto "Write Once". [5]

Only that it's still pre alpha, hence my bug hunting session.

S.

[3] https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/3j9MiZz3/du_-h_works_wrong_in_Midipix_from_late_2022.png [4] https://sysdeer.net/#:~:text=Midipix%20framework%20addresses,problems
[5] https://midipix.org/#sec-midipix