Re: Coreutils enhancement: ls: add colorization of mountpoints

From: Parke
Subject: Re: Coreutils enhancement: ls: add colorization of mountpoints
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:43:09 -0700

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 5:41 PM Dragan Simic <dsimic@manjaro.org> wrote:
> It actually isn't necessary, but it would still be needed to investigate
> why dircolors(1) may behave the way I described it above, because it may
> cause the new feature to be enabled even when not intended so.

Have you tried building coreutils from source?  (I have not.)

On Ubuntu 22.04, `dircolors` generates an LS_COLORS that has ca=30;41.

I looked at the `dircolors` binary with `less`, and I could see that
the string embedded in `dircolors` is different from the
`dircolors.hin` file.

Perhaps Debian or Canonical (or Arch?) are patching `dircolors` to
enable the coloring of capabilities by default?

Cheers,

Parke