Re: Still a need for [ and pinky info pages?

From: Collin Funk
Subject: Re: Still a need for [ and pinky info pages?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 06:58:27 -0700

On 2/19/24 6:16 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> A basic info page for pinky would be appreciated.

I just realized I sent this and then never responded. Sorry about
that...

I've attached a *very* basic patch adding mostly the same information
as the man page. This is my first time really touching Texinfo, so I
just based it off a few surrounding commands. It is probably missing
some things.

It could probably use more information. I didn't know what commentary,
if any, should be put under the example:

  pinky [option] [username]...

I've barely used 'finger' which doesn't help. It is an old common, but
unstandardized BSD command correct? I left most references to it out
since I wasn't sure how useful it would be.

Also, I noticed that 'who' has a warning about depending on POSIX
<utmpx.h>. Would that also apply to pinky? It seems that it depends on
the gnulib readutmp module. I've left it out for now since I am
unsure.

Collin