Re: env: follow up on argv0 setting feature

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: env: follow up on argv0 setting feature
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 18:10:50 +0000

On 23/03/2024 20:24, Matheus Afonso Martins Moreira wrote:
Thank you!! Really happy to have this feature in upstream coreutils!

Would you mind giving me feedback on the patch I sent?
What can I do to make future contributions acceptable?
I'm not very familiar with the GNU development processes.
I just tried to follow the coding conventions.

Hi Matheus.
The main reason I didn't adjust your patch and
wait for feedback etc. is I wanted to get this in the release,
which is already now cut and in testing.
Also I'd reimplemented to support a NULL argv0
(but then went back on this after further consideration).

The main changes I did were to change what the option was called,
add texinfo documentation, and tests.
Also the logic after the execvp() was adjusted to use the
passed --argv0 value, rather than the command name.

I should have at least added you to the THANKS file,
which I'd done so now:
https://github.com/coreutils/coreutils/commit/e0cce6b62

thank you!
Pádraig