Re: coreutils-9.4.170-7b206 ls/removed-directory test failure

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: coreutils-9.4.170-7b206 ls/removed-directory test failure
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:57:15 -0600

On 3/26/24 11:35, Pádraig Brady wrote:
Actually the FreeBSD system ls(1) does _not_ show the error in this case
(it doesn't use readdir I think).

If I'm reading the source code aright, FreeBSD ls uses fts, which does use readdir. It's not clear to me whether it's intended that the readdir errno is swallowed up by fts's maze of twisty code paths.

So I'm not leaning towards GNU ls
just eating the ENOENT which simplifies the test and makes both
ls implementations behave the same in this regard.

I assume you meant "now" not "not". That sounds OK to me, thanks.