dataexplorer-help

[Dataexplorer-help] Junsi 128000 bps

From: Manfred Alfaré
Subject: [Dataexplorer-help] Junsi 128000 bps
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 01:08:20 +0200

Hi!

I am switching form WIN XP to Linux mint at the moment.

Tried to use LogView (I have used it for years in WINXP) under wine.
Has worked with Junsi Cellog 8s and Junsi iCharge 3010B for a while, but stopped working yesterday (due to Linux mint or wine updates?)

Have cp210x.c manipulated to use 128000bps if I set
/dev/ttyUSBx to 230400.

Tried DataExplorer. Could set Baud rate to 230400 and receive data from Cellog O.K. but not from iCharge.

Restarting DataExplorer refused to use those two devices (203400 not in .....)

Two questions:

Why must I use /dev/ttyUSB1 instead of of tty/USB0 (I always must plug in another serial USB-device first, taking USB0, if I want to use my devices, which seems to be fixed to tty/USB1.

Why can I not use device files with Baudrate 203400?

Regards
Manfred

Ing. Manfred Alfaré
Reichsstraße 52