dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] notification ON_CLOSE under 2.6

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] notification ON_CLOSE under 2.6
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:06:17 +0100

Franziska Hinkelmann wrote:
I've read in an older posting from John Ogness, that Dazuko planns to
support notification ON_CLOSE with the DazukoFS. Can anybody tell
me, how far you are in implementing the stackable Filesystem and for
which date you plan a prerelease?

Hi,

At the moment DazukoFS is being researched by Frantisek Hrbata. We hope to have pre-releases available within a few months with a final official release at the beginning of 2006.

DazukoFS sits at an entirely different level in the kernel, which means that the events available to Dazuko are different and/or have different meanings. For example, at the filesystem level, there is no such thing as ON_CLOSE. However, there are other "similar" event types that may be able to be mapped to the current Dazuko events.

The implementation of DazukoFS as well as creating meaningful and effective mappings between the current system call basis and a file system basis will take time. Once the first pre-release is made available (2.2.x) then we will be relying on public support to ensure that we correctly and cleanly move to the VFS layer.

Hopefully this answered some of your questions.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer