dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Module commoncap not found

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Module commoncap not found
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 08:55:46 +0200

On 2008-08-04, Lisa Wu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am unable to run Avira real-time protection and have its
> configuration file saved most likely due to that the commoncap
> module does not exist on Linux 2.6. Is there a work around or how to
> locate and load the commoncap module?

If the commoncap module exists, it can be loaded with: "modprobe commoncap"

On many kernels, this module is built statically as part of the kernel
and cannot be loaded separately.

What kernel version are you using? (Output from "uname -a" command.)

What error messages are you getting?

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer