dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Insmod causing a KP

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Insmod causing a KP
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:46:24 +0200

On 2008-08-11, Andy Pace <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having some serious problems trying to get the Dazuko module
> inserted into a CentOS 5.2 environment. I rebuilt the host kernel,
> built the module successfully, but when inserting the machine kernel
> panic’s.
>
> Here is a screenshot (literally) of the KP:
> http://shell.intarwebnetorg.com/kp1.jpg

Using the syscall method does not always work. Since you are
rebuilding a kernel anyway, I suggest building the kernel with
Capabilities and SElinux as modules. This will allow you use Dazuko
with LSM (the default and recommended method).

> address@hidden [~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
>
> address@hidden [~]# uname -a
> Linux avglinuxtest.singlehop.net 2.6.18-prep #1 SMP Thu Jul 31 15:20:07 CDT
> 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

If syscall hooking is a must, then make sure you try configuring
Dazuko with and without the --sct-readonly option. That might
help. (But I still recommend LSM instead.)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer