dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Process hanging up

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Process hanging up
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:06:25 +0100

On 2009-10-29, Ľuboš Matejíček <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yesterday I made a mistake in my test application. I forgot close file
> after it has been scanned. When process already has the maximum number
> of files open,  both applications - user and scanning hung up
> and it was impossible to debug it and even killed (kill -9) them. Only
> computer shutdown helped me to destroy hunged processes.
>
> Today has repeated that with your test application showfiles (I has
> removed close from function dazukofs_return_access) and result is
> same.  Application showfiles hang and it is impossible to debug it
> or kill it.  Why is it?  Is a bug in kernel or modul dazukofs ?

Why did you remove close() from the dazukofs_return_access()? If you
leave close() in dazukofs_return_access(), then there should be no
problem.

It is important that you call dazukofs_return_access() for _every_
access. Otherwise you will not only run out of file descriptors, but
you will also block user processes from completing their open().

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer