dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Avira AntiVir for Unix + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

From: Erich Schmidt
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Avira AntiVir for Unix + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:37:13 +0200

Hello there :)

I am contacting you, because i am facing some serious problems
concerning Avira AntiVir for Unix, which uses on DaZuKoFS.

The whole process is documented here:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=120710&pageNo=1

Sorry, it's all in german, so here's a brief overview by myself:

I set up my system with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, a couple of days ago.
Because of positive experiences in the past, using Avira Antivir with
Ubuntu 9.04, i tried to install AntiVir for this system as well.

Installation using install script, which installs DaZuKoFS
automatically: No problem.  Updating virus information: No Problem

I encountered problems after first restart:

Three messages:

#1: Could not update ICEauthority file /home/user/.ICEauthority

#2: There's a problem concerning Configurationserver.
(/usr/lib/libgconf2-4/gconf-sanity-ceck-2 exited with Status 256)

#3: Nautilus couldn't create following folders: /home/user/Desktop,
/home/user/.nautilus. Please create the folders before you use
Nautilus or change the access rights for Nautilus.  (Error messages
may differ, i translated them from german into english ;) )

So, no Nautilus, no desktop. But i was able to uninstall Avira by
using the recovery mode. *pheeew* :)

The support forum of Avira asked me to do a reinstallation of Avira
without DaZuKoFS.  I did it today with the result: Nothing worked at
all. I could not even uninstall Avira by using recovery mode.  It
refused to boot, because /home directory could not be accessed/loaded
by the system. *Whoaaa* O.O

So, i ended up by setting up my System, again. :P

I am contacting you, just to inform you about this issue. This issue
is now handed over to Avira itself, but it is somehow curious, Isn't
it?

Sincerely yours
E. Schmidt