ddd

DDD update available

From: Michael Eager
Subject: DDD update available
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 09:31:32 -0700

Stefan Eickeler and I are the new maintainers for DDD.  We have spent
the past year or so updating the program to work on current versions of Linux.

We have a release candidate (ddd-3.4.0-rc3) which can be found here:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/ddd

The improvements are:

- Build process fixed and updated (bison/flex/tex/automake/image generation/...).
  * bison/flex
  * autoconf
  * documentation (tex and image generation)
- Workaround for UTF-8: The source code is internally converted to latin1
- Support for STL data types
- Interface for Gnuplot fixed and updated to current version of Gnuplot
- Handling of X-fonts improved
- Better support for mouse wheel for source code window and data display window in panner mode
- Improved identification of source code files
- Various fixes in the parsing of the GDB CLI
- support for remake fixed

We would appreciate if you can download and build the release candidate
and provide us with any feedback you may have.  Be sure to read the
INSTALL instructions in the download.

If anyone is interested on working on the DDD project, we would be
very happy to hear from you.

--
Michael Eager