ddd

Re: DDD on a Large Monitor - How to Increase the Vertical Size of Source

From: Michael Eager
Subject: Re: DDD on a Large Monitor - How to Increase the Vertical Size of Source Window Beyond 35 Rows
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 10:55:43 -0800

On 12/19/23 10:33, coroberti wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 8:06 PM Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com> wrote:

On 12/19/23 03:42, coroberti wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for the excellent UI for gdb!

Using ddd on debian,
GNU DDD 3.3.12 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu).

On a large 4K monitor,

Is there any way to increase the source window since there is plenty of
space on the 4K monitor?

It may be that I don't understand what you are doing or what problem you
see.

I can enlarge the DDD window and move the split between source and
console window to display more than 35 rows.  See attached image.

Michael Eager

Thank you for your reply. This is the issue.

I can move the split between the source and console windows only till about the
half of the vertical space. Thus, what I have is only 35 rows for the
source window
and too large space for the console.

See the images attached.

I can't tell how many lines are in the source window when no source
is displayed.  Please reproduce this with a source file.  Set line
numbering on.

Trying to play with the ~/.ddd/init file:
*Ddd*source_text_w.rows: 35
and rows of the console window don't work as well.

If you have forced the size of the source window to 35 rows,
I expect that will constrain the split bar.

Please rename your ~/.ddd directory and reproduce this problem
with a default ~/.ddd directory.  You can restore your .ddd
directory afterwards.

It all works properly on a smaller monitor with lower resolution.

However, on my 4K monitor, I cannot see more than 35 rows for the source window.

I use a 4K monitor without problem.

Please describe your environment: OS, version, graphics card, window environment.

Kinda a magic number.

Nope, not so far as I'm aware.

--
Michael Eager