dejagnu

Re: [DejaGnu] Remote Host Testing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Remote Host Testing
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:57:02 -0600

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:56:24AM +0200, Niklaus Giger wrote:

> Section 3.6 "Remote Host Testing"  mentions test files MkTestDir, site.exp,
> useless92.exp which I cannot find in the DejaGnu distribution. Could anybody
> provide me with these files by E-Mail?

  That section was written by DJ Delorie, and as you noted, it's very Cygnus
specific. Not only that, it only refers to remote Win32 testing. It would
be good to rewrite this section to be more generic. This section predates
Cygwin, and since DejaGnu now runs on Win32 using Cygwin, there is probably
no real reason to document remote host testing to a Win32 machine.

> I would also think it would help to rewrite Chapter 2 "Running Test" as "A 10
> minute introduction to DejaGnu". In my opinion it should be a walkthrough
> based on the "calc" testsuite and show how to use DejaGnu on the same host
> and for cross-development.

  Go for it, if you want. I'd love to get some contributed docs. I'm obviously
not much of a writer...

        - rob -