dejagnu

[DejaGnu] A first attempt to new chapter in the DejaGnu manual

From: Niklaus Giger
Subject: [DejaGnu] A first attempt to new chapter in the DejaGnu manual
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:33:06 +0100

I would like to get some comments whether a rewrite of the
manual should include a chapter as outlined below. Any
comments will be appreciated.

My personal experience was a very painful. I wasted a lot
of time (more than a week) to get my first remote test
running and I still haven't catched the real ideas how you
should setup DejaGnu. But this is a first try, which might
help others.

DejaGnu has a good reference manual but IMHO is really
lacking a good introduction for newcomers.

I am willing to put in more time to polish this chapter and
to integrate into the manual.

The SGML code produced is lacking a lot of tags (for
http-references, filename etc). My vision is to edit
everything using lyx as a WYSWYM (what you see is what you
mean)-editor (see www.lyx.org). I know that I have to
improve the docbook -> lyx perl script (or write my own
one) to import the current manual. At least in LyX editing
is easy and pleasant. Or is somebody else using a good
graphical editor for SGML (docbook) texts?

Regards

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6