dejagnu

Re: Using DejaGnu in a regression farm

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Using DejaGnu in a regression farm
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:44:01 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

This is interesting. What is SBC and X10 controller? How much does it
cost?

Sorry. SBC = Single Board Computer. In this case, usually an evaluation boards from a micro-processor manufacturer. The X10s are very cheap. You can get them at most electronics stores. The control unit plugs into your computer, and the remote unit goes in the remote AC power outlet.

I'm using a USB-controlled plug with three lines, it costs 100 EUR and
is expensive if one has many boards.

The X10's are about $50 for the controller (supports many remote units), and $25 for each remote, so you might not save much money. I never found a cheaper way to have a remote controlled relay top power-cycle a board under testing.

        - rob -