[Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"

From: xtra-kaj
Subject: [Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:52:36 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have got a strange error with my Denemo behaviour, which I cannot explain. I am using Denemo version 1.1.8 under Debian which I have done for quite a time without any problems. But now, after upgrading Debian to version 9.9 (Stretch) I cannot produce "Whole measure rests" with the space bar on the keyboard, and neither via the menu (object menu Notes/Rests -> Rest Insertion -> Insert Whole Measure Rest). What happens when I try any of these commands is - Nothing! But the info box can appear saying "Key Press space invokes command Insert Whole Measure Rest", so the program receives the signal. Other shortcuts e.g. keys 0-6 on the numeric keypad are working as expected and produces the wanted notes. However keys 7-9 did not seem to do what I want (slur operations). However I am not 100 % sure I used them correctly.

The Debian upgrade was a complete fresh install from scratch, so Debian was installed from scratch too. However I had to delete the configuration directory .Denemo-1.1.8, to get Denemo start at all. If not just a small black window appeared on the screen for a couple of seconds until it disappears and all is over. This operation I have had to repeat a couple of times in order to start Denemo. I have also reinstalled Denemo by first purging it in apt-get and then a fresh new install after a complete restart of the computer down to black shut-off.

Anyone having an idea of what can be done? My imagination is close to empty for the moment.

Kaj