Re: [Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"

From: xtra-kaj
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:09:54 +0200

On 2019-06-19 at 15:24, Richard Shann wrote:
On Wed, 2019-06-19 at 14:52 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have got a strange error with my Denemo behaviour, which I cannot
explain. I am using Denemo version 1.1.8
There have been 13 releases since then!
Yes, I know, but my point was to stay with the stable version of Debian, if possible.

under Debian which I have done
for quite a time without any problems. But now, after upgrading
Debian
to version 9.9 (Stretch)
Debian Stretch only has Denemo in the backports section (this is
because they don't have guile-1.8 in the standard distribution, and
although Denemo can be built with guile-2.0 LilyPond can't ...)
Yes, so I have included stretch-backports as well as jessie-updates and stretch-proposed-updates in my /etc/apt/sources.list, as I saw when I searched for Denemo on debian.org, that there is where the program resides.
So, what version of Denemo have you got running (see Help->About)?
As I said: version 1.1.8, no note about some special version.
Your best version will be from

http://www.denemo.org/~aschneider/daily/

which is linked to from
http://denemo.org/downloads-page/

where the instructions for how to install are given:
"To install, download the files into a temporary folder, e.g. /tmp, and
use a terminal to change directory into that folder cd /tmp and issue
(as root – Ubuntu users prefix the command with sudo)
dpkg -i *denemo*2.2*_amd64.deb *denemo*2.2*_all.deb
"
An alternative is the AppImage, also linked to from the Downloads page
on denemo.ort

If you have any problems please email again.

Richard

Thank you Richard. Question is still there why Denemo has worked fine with the used version, now suddenly does not, just because a change in the Debian version. I do not remember if I told you that Denemo in one of these quite annoying info boxes tells that I have pressed the space bar, and that it will produce a Whole Measure Rest, but this promise is never fulfilled.

Kaj