Re: [Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] No "Whole measure rest"
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 11:53:23 +0100

On ... address@hidden wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I am a wee astonished that I got version 1.1.8 when I made a
> straight
> forward install. Has Debian maybe done some change since?

I wonder if you had a typo in your sources.list list - e.g. when adding
the backports it would be easy to paste a wrong release name - quite
what would result I'm not sure...

>  Well my memory
> is not good enough to remember if I added stretch-backport in
> sources.list at that time, or if this took place at a later state.
>
> Now the version installed is 2.2 This upgrade was not that straight
> forward. I started with the command
>      "apt-get install denemo=2.2.0-1~bpo9+1"
> in order to stay inside Debian and use what was offered there, but
> that
> did not succeed. It complained that denemo-data was there with
> version
> 1.1.8. So I continued with "apt-get upgrade", thinking that this
> should
> upgrade everything needed. And it was working for quite a long time,
> but
> no, when I started Denemo it still showed 1.1.8. Now I took
> assistance
> from Aptitude to test what was needed for the upgrade. Among all the
> suggestions there was the one to upgrade denemo and denemo-data
> simultaneously and no other change. I chose that and it succeeded.
> But
> Denemo presents itself just as 2.2.0 and does not mention the
> appended
> letters (bpo9+1).

I'm not sure if that is normal or not - did the 1.1.8 have Debian-
specific identifiers after it in the About box? Debian always adds a
further identifier for its build I think.

> Well, the issue which caused the start of this thread now is gone.
> The
> space bar produces a Whole Measure Rest as wanted. I have not had
> time
> to test everything else, but so far it seems promising.
>
> I suppose that the link you suggested in your first answer leads the
> bleeding edge of the program, so I get all of the hottest properties
> available, correct? Well I have downloaded it, so maybe one day I
> install that too. For the moment however, I am satisfied with
> version
> 2.2. It offers the things I need in my producing scores.

Yes, it does have new features and bug fixes - I have been very slow to
release since 2.2 and so there are quite a few things in there. At the
moment it is virtually identical with release 2.3 which is just being
released (see the News on the denemo.org site).