Re: [Denemo-devel] help for denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] help for denemo
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:23:54 +0100

On Sun, 2019-06-23 at 21:45 +0000, Bill Goodman wrote:
> (For example, I couldn't find an instruction to add a natural
> symbol.....but if a flat is expected by the key signature, then
> clicking for a sharpening has that effect. Is that the expected
> solution?

I just re-read your question and I think I answered something more
complicated (viz. what to do if you want the accidental to show when it
would not normally need to be shown).
What your question actually asks is (e.g.) how do you enter a B-natural
if the key signature has a B-flat. If you enter "B" then you get B-flat
(since that is in the key signature), so if you sharpen it you get B-
natural.

That's ok, but it does mean you hear both notes, which may be jarring
on the ear. So instead there are commands to sharpen the next note
entered

Command: Sharpen Next Note
Increases the sharpness of the next entered note. The status bar shows
the current state.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Note Insertion
Internal Name: PendingSharpen

and

Command: Sharpen or Append Sharpened
Sharpens the note at the cursor, or if appending sharpen next entered
note.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Append/Edit Note
Internal Name: SharpenNote

which to use will depend on your style of note entry - I play the notes
in via a MIDI keyboard, so never use either...