Re: resizing the virtual MIDI keyboard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: resizing the virtual MIDI keyboard
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 09:07:13 +0000

On Sun, 2020-02-09 at 13:38 -0500, Bric wrote:
> But, speaking of framework - something needs to be done with the info
> balloons still. They are a great nuisance. The info balloon
these are actually "tooltips" in Gtk
> gets locked, such that it can only be dismissed by hover over /it/,
> and nothing else.  The mouse thus has to travel back to the
> (accidentally triggered!) balloon to dismiss it. (And nothing
> functions until it is dismissed) A great pain.

Yes, they become a nuisance after a while, so go to Edit->Change
Preferences->Command Behavior and set the tooltip timeout to a very
very large value so that they will not appear. Or you could try the
value -1 which will switch to the default Gtk tooltips which I found
unusable in the version of Gtk which I tested against, but which may
have been fixed in your version.