Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Li

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Linux
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:20:57 +0000

On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 14:49 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hi,
> I started using Denemo on my mac on a VirtualBoxed Puppy Linux
> because
> of the unavailability of an updated MacOs version. I chose Puppy
> Linux
> because I have some past experience with it and because runs smoothly
> on a virtual machine. I'm using the version called Bionicpup64 8.0.
That's very interesting to know that it is possible to get the latest
Denemo on a Mac. What version of Denemo do you have working, and where
did it come from?

> However, there are a couple of problems (see attached screenshots):
>
> 1) Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts text or the menu
> background colours (dark grey on dark blue)? I tried changing  the
> JWM
> theme but it didn't work (Screenshot_1).

The color of the keyboard shortcuts is hard wired, unfortunately, and I
see from your picture that it doesn't work well with themes that use a
dark background with light colored lettering. The menu background color
and the color of the labels in the menus is not hard-wired by Denemo
however, so theming should work for them. I've not explored how themes
can be chosen under Gtk though so I can't really go beyond saying it
should work :( Do other Gtk-based applications change appropriately on
that virtual machine?

> 2) When I click 'Open Command Center on this command', the Command
> Center window appears without title bar, and the only way to close
> the
> window is from the View menu (Screenshot_2).

The appearance of the window without decorations is presumably some bug
in the Gtk version you are compiled or running with... I can be pretty
certain Denemo does not request a window without decorations for the
Command Center.

>  However, the behaviour
> happens only the first time and on the following times the title bar
> appears. Unfortunately then the menu from which 'Open Command Center'
> was invoked remains visible (Screenshot_3).

I tested this (on Debian) and the menu remains visible but can be
dismissed by clicking off the menu (e.g. clicking on the Command Center
itself). Does that not happen with your version?

HTH