Re: error in denemo.appimage

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: error in denemo.appimage
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:45:43 +0100

On Thu, 2022-06-16 at 15:20 +0200, Michael Wossog wrote:
> Many many Thanks.
> But there comes the next bug(?).
> In LilyPond seems to be false files.
> /usr/share/lilypond/2.23.3

this is an unstable version of LilyPond ...

> /ly/init.ly:64:2: Fehler: falscher Typ für Argument 1; duration
> erwartet, "4" gefunden
>  #
>   (let ((book-handler (if (defined? 'default-toplevel-book-handler)
> /usr/share/lilypond/2.23.3/scm/lily/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm:24:18:
> In procedure reverse! in expression (ly:parse-string-expression clone
> lily-string ...):
> /usr/share/lilypond/2.23.3/scm/lily/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm:24:18:
> Wrong type argument in position 1: (1 "4" . #f)
> This comes, making a preview of the notes in Frescobaldi.

Do you mean you have used Frescobaldi to launch LilyPond on the music
generated by the command:

Command: Quick LilyPond Part
Writes a file containing the music of the current staff in LilyPond
format. The filename is the current file name with \"-denemo\" and the
movement and staff numbers appended (and the .ly suffix).
Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Export As
Internal Name: QuickLilyPondPart

If so, you need to know that this is just the LilyPond syntax
representing what appears in the Denemo Display - in order to typeset
it you need to embed it into a suitable LilyPond envelope; at a minimum
you would need to enclose it inside {} to create what is called in
LilyPond's syntax a music expression. LilyPond will then wrap it in
default score block, staff block with default clef, keysignature etc.

HTH

Richard
BTW please use "Group Reply" or "Reply to All" so that those searching
the mailing list archives can follow the thread.