Re: Rests in two voices

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Rests in two voices
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 10:57:09 +0000

On Mon, 2022-12-05 at 20:30 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard
> If I have the same rests in a staff and a dependent voice the rests
> appear together at the top and bottom of the staff in each bar.
> If I merge rests, the top one remains, but doesn't return to the
> normal
> place for a single voice/staff.
This is not a topic I'm expert on however
when I tried what you said the rests were automatically merged. So I
added Voice direction commands and then that gave un-merged rests.
This lead to the attached example - reverting to auto voice at rests.
There may be better ways of doing this - I'll let others who use this
stuff comment.
> Is there a simple way of moving then down the necessary staff-line?
rests can be positioned via

Command: Displace Rest Vertically
Turns the rest at the cursor into a polyphonic rest at the cursor
height.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Rest Insertion
Internal Name: MoveRest

hth