Re: Strange behaviour of Chord Staff

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of Chord Staff
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 20:17:43 +0000

Sorry, Richard. A very bad explanation. I'll try again.

EbBb44.denemo is a Custom Template I have created to make it easy to produce parallel tunes for C, Eb and Bb instruments.
Staff 1 should be a Chord Symbols staff that I populate with Chords, e.g. CEG to produce the Chord Name C. The base note is sufficient for major chords, obviously.
Staff 2 is the tune in C
Staff 3 is usually a copy of 2 which is not printed, but used by the Eb lines. I edit the tune to move notes below Eb to higher harmony or octave notes.
Staff 4 is a Mirror of 3 which is printed transposed 3 semitones lower, so Eb on staff 2 appears as C for the AltoSax player.
Staff 5 is a Mirror of 3, but also a chord staff, which should produce the note names below the Eb AltoSax music
Staff 6 is a Mirror of 2, printed transposed 2 semitones up so Bb instrument notes are at Concert Pitch, Bb becoming C,
Staff 7 is a Mirror of 2, but also a chord staff, producing note names below the Bb Clarinet staff

I have created a file: testTemplateEbBb44.denemo with a scale of G in Staff 2, and copied that into staff 3
I have not added any notes to Staff 1 so no chords should appear above the music.
I would expect to see 3 Staves with the scale of G, the top in G, the second in E, and the third in A.
The lower staves should have the matching note names below the staff.

I should get something like: (extract from a different one of 200 different tunes)
without the Chord names above the top staff (in this case created from triads I had put into Staff 1).

Instead, with no notes in Staff 1, I get:

where as far as I can tell the chords above Original  have been created from the two notes in EbSax and Clarinet

Something has gone wrong; perhaps you can now understand and have some idea as to what?
Best wishes
Joe