Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 17:02:51 +0100

Il giorno mer 14 dic 2022 alle 15:35:06 +0000, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> ha scritto:
On Mon, 2022-12-12 at 22:25 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
 Hi Richard

 Version 2.6.0 was updated last march:
 https://github.com/flathub/org.denemo.Denemo/pull/1

 I guess you should run `flatpak update` to get the latest version.
Hmm, I tried flatpak update and got error messages and the version
stayed the same (I'm running Debian Bullseye under Mate desktop). The
flatpak update gave:
[...]
error: No such ref 'runtime/org.denemo.Denemo.Locale/x86_64/test' in
remote org.denemo.Denemo-origin

The test branch means that you installed it from a Github pull request.
Just uninstall it and reinstall it from flathub:

flatpak uninstall org.denemo.Denemo
flatpak install flathub org.denemo.Denemo

 I see that Atril is a fork of Evince made by the Mate project.

and in consequence I've been expecting libatril to start failing at
some point if it follows libevince.

Well, not necessarily, if it's a fork it should differ in some way.

I might try building a flatpak with libatril when I have some time, probably next week.