Re: Whole Measure repeats and Rests

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Whole Measure repeats and Rests
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 20:34:24 +0000

Sorry Richard,
I downloaded last night's version and Cadenza is now working for me (though I think it was partly that I didn't know what I was doing).
(The only problem is that I have a long cadenza which can only be totally seen on screen with very small staves - Ctrl - repeated)

However I don't find the Whole Measure Repeat process as fixed.
In the attached file , This edit screen:

produces:
and not what it should produce (forced by using Semibreve Rests at end of test2 and test3):

I tested it with 1 bar notes, 1 Whole Measure Repeat, then 20 bars of music and a Whole Measure Rest, which was replaced by the Whole Measure Repeat.

It would seem that a single Whole Measure Repeat then "contaminates" the rest of the staff.
If I invoke the Object Editor on the "chord", I get this screen which looks odd to me. Why have a Rest and a Repeat attached to each other ans some fictitious chord to keep them in place

If I edit the directives attached to the chord I get this:

selecting the top option with OK replaces the Repeat with a Rest; selecting the lower seems to do nothing.

Best wishes
Joe