Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 14:26:34 +0000

On Sat, 2022-12-31 at 10:19 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-12-27 at 00:30 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> > Il giorno mer 14 dic 2022 alle 17:02:51 +0100, Federico Bruni
> > <fede@inventati.org> ha scritto:
> > > I might try building a flatpak with libatril when I have some
> > > time,
> > > probably next week.
> >
> > The feature we need is Synctex, right?
>
> I hadn't heard of Synctex I confess,

It just occurred to me that what Denemo is using is the callback which
happens when you click on a link in the PDF; Denemo doesn't need the
stuff which Evince will do to action the link which will be the Sunctex
bit, it is enough for Denemo to get the callback parameters and then go
and do the "synchronization" - just an internal change inside Denemo...

So it could be that the libevince is dropping the callback if it is not
expected there will be some Synctex thing to connect to it, while
libatril is keeping it.

Just speculation on my part ...

Richard