Re: Help with Denemo Version 2.6.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Help with Denemo Version 2.6.0
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 10:41:05 +0000

On Fri, 2023-12-01 at 12:56 -0600, Thomas Czerny-Dorsch wrote:
> My operating system version is ...Linux Mint, I compiled Denemo 2.6
> from
> source code and I am running it from directory /src
>
> I have a one grand staff with notes that I want to export to a midi
> file. Denemo writes a midi file, but there are no notes, it's just an
> empty midi file.

Does the playback work? (That uses the MIDI sequence that should be
saved to file on export).

By empty midi file I'm assuming you don't mean it is a file with zero
length but that it has all the other MIDI stuff as for a MIDI file.
I just tested MIDI export on a score with a single note and timidity
played the note ok. I then saved the MIDI for an empty score and
timidity played that too with this output  in the console:

timidity junk.mid
Playing junk.mid
MIDI file: junk.mid
Format: 0  Tracks: 1  Divisions: 384
Sequence: PartI
No pre-resampling cache hit
Playing time: ~3 seconds
Notes cut: 0
Notes lost totally: 0

Can you test in the same way/post the MIDI output/output from timidity
etc. As far as I can tell, it is working fine.
Note, however, that this MIDI generation is (like the playback) very
basic - the Playback View uses LilyPond's more sophisticated MIDI
output which may be what you want.

Richard