devel-panorama

Job at NaN

From: walter . jan
Subject: Job at NaN
Date: 06 Oct 2000 12:22 GMT

Hi,

finally I moved to London (UK) and yesterday I met there with Sanne
from Not a Number (NaN) to sign a new (one year) contract. At lunch we
talked about hiring new people and I said: Let's hire some of the Panorama
people. They are professional (in terms of their work) and we should find
a way how they could work for us without disturbing the Panorama
development ;-)

Anyone interested? Getting paid for a Computer Graphics job and having
the freedom to work on Panorama as well. This is NOT an official
announcement of Not a Number. I just want to know if someone would be
interested and how we could find a way that both sides are happy. Blender has
it's own very fast renderer and I think this will still be true in the
future. But I want a closer connection to some other renderers and Panorama
could be one of them. We have another person working on a new rendering
engine and I think he would appreciate some help. So: Get paid for your
help and don't fear that this means any limitation for Panorama.
Panorama is open source, Blender not. But this doesn't necessarily mean that we
can not work together.

For my part I can say that it's great that I can work from the UK now
(from Germany in the past). Blender and Not a Number is open minded and
some of their work will get open source (like my export scripts or the
render deamon project) but NOT EVERYTHING. There are a lot of different
options available how to work together. I can keep on going by export
scripts or maybe someone has a better idea ...

Let me know what all of you think about my suggestion. I know there was
a discussion about Panorama <-> Blender in the past but I think Ton and
some of you misunderstood each other ;-[

Cheers,

Jan