devel-panorama

hatch

From: Bess Gallagher
Subject: hatch
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:15:11 -0400

Up here wedont look at things just as you people do. Jis th mere house,says he, an he gits it. Uncle Mose took a chair and laid his hat carefully on the floor besideit. The blonde matron raised up and swept her skirts back perfectly flat. It makes a perfectly fascinating suite, observed Mrs. Now where can we make ourselves comfortable with this furniture? I am truly sorry you took offense, he said regretfully. You arebetter fitted than I to manage its expenditure. It devolved upon him toeven up the affair a little before his mother came back. She also sat down, but she was thefirst to find her voice. Me and my old oman done raised up sebm chillun, and alldoin well cept two of em what died. They haint but th little room over thkitchen left. Ive been getting a fairsalary all the season, and Ive saved some money. They will be compelledto compromise, and they must not find me with red eyes. Ellsworth told her husband as they passed inhearing of the Van Kamps. I never saw such gorgeous tints in all my life. I take what Iwant, and what I can, and return it over the footlights. A bargains a bargain, an I allus stick toone I make. It would be spite, notretaliation, and not at all sportsmanlike. Ill have to put you an your wife in that, an let yourboy sleep with th driver. His big, coarse shoes shonewith a metallic luster suggestive of stove polish. You arebetter fitted than I to manage its expenditure. What are the Van Kamps paying you for those three rooms? Then you can make him take down the sign! Nothing was said about the furniture, was there? Kindly excuseyourself and come right on up to our suite for a few moments! Van Kamp joined the women on the porch, and explained theattractively novel situation to them. Oh, I say, Major Talbot, he exclaimed frankly, dontyou be offended. Id like three choice rooms, en suite, he said. Hargraves, said the Major, who had remained standing, you haveput upon me an unpardonable insult. It devolved upon him toeven up the affair a little before his mother came back.