devel-panorama

republic billiards

From: Lionel Lowe
Subject: republic billiards
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:44:49 -0000

In a similar way letters coming directly from home had long since beenexercising their effect.
With the next few days came the most astounding information of my life.
Such, too, was the opinion still held by the majority of the army.
Generally speaking, we only laughed at all these efforts. Two years had passed since I had left home, an almost endless period insuch circumstances. The youngdrafts succumbed to it completely. About midnight a number of us were put out ofaction, some for ever.
In a similar way letters coming directly from home had long since beenexercising their effect. The village of Comines, which formerly had servedus as a base, was now within the fighting zone. Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people.
During this winter the front was somewhatquieter than usual. At Paris and London conferences followed one another in unending series. The enemy feared and trembled before the prospect of this Germanvictory. Besides a few hundred yards of shell-holes,death was the only reward which the English gained. Besides a few hundred yards of shell-holes,death was the only reward which the English gained.
Through themedium of a hospital for venereal diseases these three Orientals hadbeen sent back home. Through themedium of a hospital for venereal diseases these three Orientals hadbeen sent back home. One hesitated at first beforeentering them. That Iwould ever be able to draw or design once again was naturally out of thequestion. After my discharge fromhospital, I was sent to a reserve battalion there.
For a long time there had been something in the air which wasindefinable and repulsive. A general strikein the munition factories was organized.
Two years had passed since I had left home, an almost endless period insuch circumstances.
Consequently the strike cost thelives of thousands of German soldiers.
In November the general tension increased.
Even the enemy propaganda encountered difficulties. It was not the people but thecapitalists and the Monarchy who were interested in carrying on. Gradually our soldiers beganto think just in the way the enemy wished them to think. One feature of this propaganda was very striking. Propaganda must be limited to a few simplethemes and these must be represented again and again.