diffutils-devel

Re: diffutils-3.9.17-cc36 on Alpine Linux

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: diffutils-3.9.17-cc36 on Alpine Linux
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 21:39:39 +0200

On Alpine Linux 3.17, I see 1 XPASS, namely:
XPASS: large-subopt

After you had written in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/diffutils-devel/2023-01/msg00006.html
"The attached should fix this problem:"
I would have expected that this test gets shown as SKIP, not XPASS.

Find attached the log file.

Likewise on a NetBSD 9.3 system without perl, and similarly
on Cygwin without perl:

XPASS: large-subopt

/home/bruno/diffutils-3.9.17-cc36/build-aux/missing: perl: not found
WARNING: 'perl' is missing on your system.
         You might have modified some files without having the proper
         tools for further handling them.  Check the 'README' file, it
         often tells you about the needed prerequisites for installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in
         case some other package contains this missing 'perl' program.
XPASS large-subopt (exit status: 0)