gr-iqbal->gr-osmosdr->gqrx missing pkgconfig files break gr-3.8 builds

From: Barry Jackson
Subject: gr-iqbal->gr-osmosdr->gqrx missing pkgconfig files break gr-3.8 builds
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 23:26:26 +0000

Hello,

Without a .pc in gr-iqbal, gr-osmosdr (3.8 branch) will not build as it can't find gr-iqbal.

Likewise without a .pc in gr-osmosdr, gqrx will not build as it can't find gr-osmosdr.

After creating .pc files for both the above all packages build and gqrx runs fine.

I do not understand the logic in removing the pkgconfig files from gr-iqbal and gr-osmosdr upstream packages, as cmake relies on these to find these deps.

I have brought this up before and it was dismissed.

I am not a developer, just a packager who's life has been made more difficult, can someone please explain why?

Thanks,
Barry