Re: trying to play two radio stations simultaneously

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: trying to play two radio stations simultaneously
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:56:06 +0000

First of all, thank you for the feedback and letting me know that someone has
watched
the video :)

I believe the issue with your flowgraph is that the second channel is too far
from the
center frequency: with 800 kHz offset with respect to the center frequency and
a span
of 1.536 MHz (spectrum spanning from -768 kHz to +768 kHz) you are looking at
the alias
at -736 kHz (768-(800-768)). If you don't have two stations closer than 800
kHz, then
I would select a center frequency (OsmoSDR source) in between the two stations,
and shift one
station by +400 kHz and the other by -400 kHz. Both stations will fit nicely
within
the available bandwidth of 1.536 MHz with no risk of aliasing with one station
being
at the very limit of the spectrum with its boundary at the Nyquist frequency
(half the sampling
rate).

As I had received another request this morning, I am trying to upload my
flowgraphs (GRC 3.8)
at http://jmfriedt.free.fr/, hitting on the left menu "Licence 3 EEA" and
scrolling down to the
video links, but I only saved some of the more complex flowgraphs (RDS
decoding, phase synchronization
simulation and POCSAG decoding at the moment). I must re-generate the other
flowgraphs by watching
my own video and remembering what I said ! This is excellent feedback though to
improve teaching
material, thank you.

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe, 25000 Besancon,
France